Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pinterest and Baked Eggs

So unless you've been living under a rock without internet, you probably have heard of Pinterest. I gotta say- I tried to resist it, but eventually I gave in and signed myself up. For me it's a place where I can tag all those awesome recipes that I stumble across without having to print them up (and instantly lose the paper and never find that recipe again...) and I love it.

So much so, I'm going to be adding this little button to the blog:

Follow Me on Pinterest

I've managed to make quite a few of the recipes and most of them are pretty good.

And then there are the Avocado Baked Eggs.

This recipe came to my attention after one of my best friends told me she had tried it and the eggs didn't cook. Looking at the recipe I thought it to be impossible to screw up... it's just eggs in an oven! So I decided to do it myself.

And you can see, it went flawlessly.

There are many problems with the recipe. First off, the side of the avocado that will be resting on the dutch oven/iron skillet/whatever should be cut so there's a flat surface so the egg doesn't a) slide out, b) fly out when trying to be rescued. Next, the egg should be watched like a hawk because it's going to over-cook quite quickly and taste like a hard boiled egg in a warm avocado. Finally... it just doesn't taste very good.

What the final product looks like.


How I feel about the final product.


So in short: fuck that recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment